British Culture quiz.
Find the answer to these questions and post them on to your personal blog: (10marks)
1. Which of the following is a traditional British dish?
b) Fish and chips
c) Frogs’ legs
2. Who is the current heir to the British throne?
a) Prince Charles
b) Prince Harry
c) Prince Edward
d) Prince, the singer
3. What is an MP?
a) A military policeman
b) A monetary policy
c) A member of parliament
d) A master postman
4. The United Kingdom is made up of:
a) England, Scotland and Wales
b) England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland
c) England and Scotland
d) England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
5. List the capital cities of each country in the UK.
6. The famous sword of King Arthur was called:
7. Which famous theatre has recently been reconstructed near its original site?
a) The Theatre Royal
b) The Globe
c) The Shakespeare
d) The King’ s Theatre
8. Who is the patron saint of England?
a) St. Patrick
b) St. Andrew
c) St. David
d) St. George
9. What´s the BBC? What does it stand for ?
10. Who´s the writer of:???
Alice in Wonderland
Gulliver’ s Travels
Vocabulary: Find a definition to these terms and p create a simple powerpoint presentation to be uploaded and embedded in your personal blog: (10 marks)
Embed in your blog your favourite English song, with lyrics and a picture of the band/singer so that it can be heard and watched from your website. (5marks)